Sunday, September 7, 2014
Lab Reflection HW
Scroll down until you see LAB #1. Look through all 5 labs by analyzing the pictures, reading the comments and questions. Pick 1 lab to reflect on your learning. Write what the lab was about, what your results were and what you learned, by responding to this post Remember to follow the written conventions of capitalization, punctuation, grammar and spelling.
This HW is due on Thursday, September 11th.
Labels:
Engstrom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ReplyDeleteI am commenting on the melting experiment. The lab was about melting. The results were that every thing melted expet for the pebble. When the tempature patrol put the thermometer it went straight up. The experiment was very cool! I think that the pebble did not melt because even though the water was very hot it needed to be MUCH hotter. Yes we can make it melt by putting it on lava.
Ocording to our expermint the mass did'nt change,because when we first measured the mass it was equal we puted a lot of grams , the cups with vinegar, and baking soda and it was equaled to each other when we did it the second time the mass was equal so the mass did'nt change thats what my group did.
ReplyDeleteI'm comenting about the lab No.5 can we wach a chemical change hapenig?First we weight all together than, we put b acing soda and vinegar togethar and obsorwated what happened.After that we mixed the two mairials reakt and a little bit turned into a gas and a little bit overfloed.After we saw the reaction we weight it again it, it weight less than before we mixed.
ReplyDeleteI am commenting on the number 3# molecule mambo. We put ice and hot water and room temperature water. We predicted which one the food coloring will spread the fastest. I learned that the ice was the slowest, the hot water was the fastest and the normal water it was the middle one.
ReplyDeleteI am commenting on the melting experiment.
ReplyDeleteToday i did a since expirment my pradiction was that the rock was not going to I was right it could only melt with lava it was so fun my group starded adding stuff
Like hair it was so fun but then when it came to the part to clean up and I was the clener it was so disgusting it was horbel bad smell just killed me but anyways it was awsome I hope we cuold do another experament this fun
Commenting on the number 2#. The experiment is about oobleck. Oobleck is made out of cornstarch,water, and food coloring. The things you can try to do with it is try to bounce it on a table,try to do a circle. I think that my group gust wanted the cornstarch and didn't let the cornstarch fall in to the water with food coloring. That is all the stuff I remember. Good-by.
ReplyDeleteIn this lab we learned that there could be two states of matter on an object,for our experiment we made oobleck to find out if it was a liquid or a solid,at the end of our experiment we found out that the oobleck was a colloid,a colloid is an object that has two or more states of matter.It was really cool working on teams to find out the answer,I would really want to do more experiments like that!
ReplyDeleteI learned in this science lab that you can have two states of matter in something. This made me feel really entertained doing this science lab because we could do a lot of stuff with Ooblek!!! I think I will show my parents and also do this experiment at home.
ReplyDeleteMy report will be about melting experiment.As I knew that the rock is complete solid and any extreme hot water will not melt it ,I didn`t know why . Now I learned the reason a rock is so solid and the only way to melt it is by something of its same mass and also very hot (lava) . I would like to have more experiments that show me why things happens. I like too much
ReplyDeleteMy report will be on the oobleck. Oobleck is a liquid because when you try to make it into a ball, it will change shape. In the experiment when we poked it quikly, it was a solid but when we poed it fast, it was a liquid. I want to learn more about the oobleck so Hope we do more expirements on it
ReplyDeleteI piket lab #3
ReplyDeletethe food coloring mixd faster in the hot water because the molecules in it wear faster .
The lab that I choose is the oobleck. The experiment was very fun it was very fun doing it as a team. In the experiment we saw how a substance can be 2 states of matter. At the beginning of the experiment the oobleck was soft and watery. At the end of the experiment the ooblick was a solid.
ReplyDeleteI think the mass did change because when we put baking soda into vinager the vinager spilled and I think the baking soda evaporated and left the cup with less vinager.
ReplyDeleteI chose the lab about the rock not meling. It did not melt because anly the hottest luquiss can melt it.
ReplyDeleteI am commenting on lab #5 I liked that the baking soda reacted with the vinegar
ReplyDeletei choose oobleck .because it is very fun it has two states of matter in the very beginning it is a liquid in the end it is liquid and solid.
ReplyDeleteI did the exiriment of the melting rock,wax,chocolate and butter.Today we did the expiriment about melting, and in my table all the items melted exept for the rock because the rock is made of lava and water mixed together so to melt the rock you need acid
ReplyDeleteand I learned that wax melts very easily
I chose the lab #2 because I learned what was oobleck,that the experiment was a tipe of mixture.
DeleteI learned what was oobleck,that the experiment turned into a solid.It was very cool doing that experiment because tuching the oobleck was realy confy.
i am commenting about oobleck and i dis cover that oobleck was a coilloid and a colloid is a mixture coloid is the mixture that is to state of matter togher the exper rament was awsome i love it so much it was discuszting to the state of matter were liquid and soild
ReplyDeleteI am going to reflect on the oobleck. It was cool to do all of the tests with the oobleck. The class learned that the oobleck is one substance but it can be two states of matter. It can be gooey and slimy, but it could also be hard and sticky. I thought the oobleck was a colloid.
ReplyDeleteI think the baking soda reacted with the vinegar because it has a chemical in it
ReplyDelete