Monday, January 26, 2015

Pick 1 of the 2 posts and respond in complete sentences.

Taylor Mali's Poem
Why Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog

Listen to Taylor Mali's poem again.
Think about what he is saying about Love. He is comparing it to owning a dog. 
This is a great example of a metaphor. What do you think a metaphor means? 
What are some of the comparisons he makes?



GLOBAL TRADING



Reflect on the activity we did today in class.
What is the difference between the lifestyle of a country who received the yarn 
3 times versus a country who received the yarn once?






21 comments:

  1. The country that recives the yarm 3 times must be much richer and biger that the country that recived the yarm onece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some comparisons Taylor Mali made is when you get home love is happy and when you get home your dog also is happy another comparison he made is love can be bad some times and your dog can also be bad sometimes.
    A country that received the yarn 3 times has a better country and a country that received the yarn once has a worse country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there alike because could be nice and sometimes even bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomas, please explain which post you are responding to and use details and examples from the poem to support your thoughts. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. The country that has 3 yarns has more resources and is much richer, because they sell lots of there resources and get lots of money. The country that only has one yarn, is low on resources sells very little. The difference is that the one that has three yarns is a very rich country and has lots of resources and the one with only one yarn is not so wealthy and is low on resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The country with 3 cards is like being the richest. Having 2 is in the middle of rich and poor. Having 1 card is like being the most poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabrile, please explain which post you are responding to. The question is asking what at the difference in the lifestyles of the 3 card country vs. the 1 card country.

      Delete
  6. On the activity we did on the day 26th of january we did we did that activity shown above all the comment above this one your reading right now. Each student from our class got cards, but the cards wasn´t distributed equally because each student represents one country. And as you know that some country´s are richer thean others in some way. So some people got three some got two (like me) and some got only one. The activity started with somebody selling one of their resources, Mrs. Engstrom gave the person a line of yarn. And then the person that bought the resource from the first person held a piecce of the yarn. And then that person sells one of their resources and the game continues like that. when everybody had sold all of their resources, that is when the game ends. I thought this game was enjoyable and that I could play it every day at school. I hope you liked my reflection!!! Bye!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francisco- I like how you explained the game. I can tell that you really enjoyed it and got the idea. Could you comment on what the difference is between the lifestyles of countries with 3 cards versus countries with 1 card.

      Delete
  7. I think a metaphor is when you use a word to explain another word´s definition and you compare.
    One of the comparisons Taylor Mali made was when he said that when you get home love is happy and when you get home your dog is also happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. NEW COMMENT:
    I'm answering the card question, the lifestyle between the country with 3 card had more chances to trade and the ones with 1 only got to trade once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm answering the question of the trading game. If you have 3 cards youre rich and youll have more abilities to trade more times.But if you have 1 card you a poor and you cant trade that much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. falling in love is like owning a dog because its a big responsablity
    love will give sence of secrity love wakes you up at night to
    be fed and grow strong love dosent like to stay alone for
    long

    ReplyDelete
  11. The difference between a person who only got one card versus the person that got three cards is the person with one resource (ex: athletic shoes) can only buy or sell their card once. If I buy first afterwards I can sell but if I sell first I can't buy.And with three resources you can buy three times. Each person represents one country if I get lot's of oil than my country would probably be South Arabia (just like Daniel.) If I have different resources than I would be diversed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm answering the Global Trading question. Each classmate got one, two or three cards, if a classmate got only one, he or she just will be able to trade once. Global Trading is important because any country has all resources it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the diffrence is all because of the resources. Countries can be richer than others because they have more resources. And when you have more resources you can sell and eran more money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im ansewering Taylor Malis question. Sometimes love can be like owning a dog. A metaphor is like a sentence with different words that like teaches you a lesson. He said that love will always be at your side and thats kind of true. Actually love is like owning a dog. Like you give the same love to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. falling in love is like owning a dog, because love goes anywhere it wants, like a dog, when you make a mistake you say bad love bad love.love and owning a dog is so much responsability because you need to take care of it and make sure nothing bad happens. this poem made people realize the connection with this two different subjects, that is like a metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am commenting on the global trading. The global trading is like some times far and some times its not far for example some countries don't need some things but need the money so they will give the stuff.

    ps this is stella

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am commenting on the difference between the lifestyle of a country and receiving a pice of yarn. If you have just watches you don't have food. If you don't have food in real life you will die. If you don't have food in the game it is not that much of a deal. What I am trying to say is the consequences are bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I coment on the globo trading and the globol trading is trading that nevers end and when you trad you trade a thing that you have to a thing you do not have

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to check your spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization!