Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Water Conservation

For the past week we have been learning about the water shortage in Brasil and other places around the world. Everyone came up with a plan to reduce their water usage at home. Today you will get to explore some sites about how to conserve your water and how we get the clean water. After you explored these links, comment below.
Your comment needs to be about something new you learned and how you can apply this to your own life currently. Remember to check your spelling, punctuation and capitals.

Here are the sites you will explore:

How Water Works
Simple Ways to Save Water
Water Busters

22 comments:

  1. I am not going to waste water because of the water crisis so I won't take a long time to take my shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnd that in the united states a family can waset 400 gallons!
    I am not going to waste water by closing the water when brushing teeth and when taking a shower .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn that you should water your plants early in the morning or in the evening or else it is to hot and the plants won't have time to drink all the water because it will evaporate.I never knew that this is what happened but I am glad to hear about it! Next time I will look back at my comment and try to do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that we use 70 gallons when we are taking a shower. That is about 264 liters, just in one shower. I didn't even thought I used more than 100 liters. So next time when I take a shower, I want take it shorter so I can save water. Also I learned that using a sponge and a bucket saves more water than using a hose. So next time, when my mom is cleaning the varanda, I will ask her to clean it with the bucket and not the hose. Sometimes, I flush the toilet for no reason, so I want to stop doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that whwn we waste the water, the water needs to br clean again and use a lots of moneys to clean and it use a lots of times to get back clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got suppressed when I read that you can save allot of water by doing one little thing . then I thought about if every one did this the will be lots of water saved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that in the USA the families {four people} waste 400 gallons of water per day!!! I also learned that when we take a shower we use 70 gallons of water. I have been try to take shorter showers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned that showers in total most people use 10 to 25 gallons a time and baths can go up to 70 gallons!Something i will do now is tot turn of the sink when washing the didshes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned many things about water here are some things I learned. The first link tough me the process that water has before it gets to our house. First, they get the water. Then, they treat the water to make it clean and kill all the bad things in the water. Third, they store some water once it is clean in a place called a water storage. Then they distribute the water to all the people. Sometimes they reuse the water but before that the water has to pass the same process to get it clean. In the second website I learned some ways to save the water. I learned that if you turn off the fosit wile you brush your teeth you can save 8 gallons of water.I also learned that when you take a shower you use 10 to 25 gallons of water and when you take a bath you use 70 gallons of water! So I now understand the big difference of water you use when you take a bath and when you take a shower. It also tough me many more ways to not waste water but if I write them all here, my comment would be giant! The last website didn't really teach me so much about water but I did get to see different ways we waste water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To not waste so much water I will turn off the fosit wile I brush my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me and my dad take long showers so know we can take shorter ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned that if you turn off the tap while you are brush your teeth you can save 200 gallons of water a month, that's enough to fill a huge fish tank with 6 small sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned that If you put food dying on the toilet and flush it if there is steel color in the toilet that means the toilet is leaking. I also learned that when it is sunny it is not good to plant because the water evaporates and it uses a lot of water.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learned that a toilet leak wastes more water than leaving the tap on

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned that if you turn off the tap while you are brushing your teeth you can save 200 gallons a month, enough to fill a huge water tank that holds 5 little sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned that when you close the fossit when brushing teeth you can save about 8 gallons of water!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learned that humans have less than 1percent of accsess to fresh unsalted water because the rest is salt water that cannot desalted. Since our population of the earth put together is to big people and animals are starting to more and more often

    ReplyDelete
  18. While I was reading I learned ALOT and one of the things that me was that the best time to water your flower is in the morning because if it is sunny the water will evaporate before the flower even drinks the water.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned that taking shower uses less water then filling in the bath tub to take a bath. for a shower people use from 10 to 25 gallons for a bath it takes at least 70 gallons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I learned that the final effluent may be discharged to a stream, river, bay, lagoon, or wetland, or it can be used for irrigating a golf course, greenway, or park. I also learned that primary effluent flows into aerobic treatment basins where bacteria break down contaminants even further. Sincerely, Zeke

    ReplyDelete
  21. I learned that you use a lot more water taking showers than baths

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned that a family of 5 can wast 400 gallons of water a month.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to check your spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization!